We all must educate ourselves on the ways of the world. Book smart, street smart, just keep adding to your overall knowledge
- to develop the faculties and powers of (a person) by teaching, instruction, or schooling. Synonyms:instruct, school, drill, indoctrinate.
- to qualify by instruction or training for a particular calling, practice, etc.; train: to educate someone for law.
- to provide schooling or training for; send to school.
- to develop or train (the ear, taste, etc.): to educate one's palate to appreciate fine food.
- to inform: to educate oneself about the best course of action.