Respect will get you furthered than fear ever will.
- a particular, detail, or point (usually preceded by in): to differ in some respect.
- relation or reference: inquiries with respect to a route.
- esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability: I have great respect for her judgment.
- deference to a right, privilege, privileged position, or someone or something considered to have certain rights or privileges; proper acceptance or courtesy; acknowledgment: respect for a suspect's right to counsel; to show respect for the flag; respect for the elderly.
- the condition of being esteemed or honored: to be held in respect.