Our pride can put us in some very compromising positions, learn when to put it to the side
because every action doesn't need a reaction
- a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.
- the state or feeling of being proud.
- a becoming or dignified sense of what is due to oneself or one's position or character; self-respect; self-esteem.
- pleasure or satisfaction taken in something done by or belonging to oneself or believed to reflect credit upon oneself: civic pride.
- something that causes a person or persons to be proud: His art collection was the pride of the family.
- the best of a group, class, society, etc.: This bull is the pride of the herd