- a person or thing that follows.
- a person who follows another in regard to his or her ideas or belief; disciple or adherent.
- a person who imitates, copies, or takes as a model or ideal: He was little more than a follower of current modes.
- an attendant, servant, or retainer.
- a person who follows or subscribes to another's posts on a social-networking website: He spent hours figuring out how to get more followers on Twitter.
- British Informal. a boyfriend or suitor, especially of a maidservant.