There's different levels of credit just avoid the one that can end in death
- commendation or honor given for some action, quality, etc.: Give credit where it is due.
- a source of pride or honor: You are a credit to your school.
- the ascription or acknowledgment of something as due or properly attributable to a person, institution, etc.: She got a screen credit for photography.
- trustworthiness; credibility: a witness of credit.
- confidence in a purchaser's ability and intention to pay, displayed by entrusting the buyer with goods or services without immediate payment.
- reputation of solvency and probity, entitling a person to be trusted in buying or borrowing: Your credit is good.
- influence or authority resulting from the confidence of others or from one's reputation.
- time allowed for payment for goods or services obtained on trust: 90 days' credit.