Something bitter bitches do (men can be bitches to)
- idle talk or rumor, especially about the personal or private affairs of others: the endless gossip about Hollywood stars.
- light, familiar talk or writing.
- Also, gos·sip·er, gos·sip·per. a person given to tattling or idle talk.
- Chiefly British Dialect . a godparent.
- Archaic. a friend, especially a woman.
— verb (used without object), gos·siped or gos·sipped, gos·sip·ing or gos·sip·ping.
- to talk idly, especially about the affairs of others; go about tattling.
— verb (used with object), gos·siped or gos·sipped, gos·sip·ing or gos·sip·ping.
- Chiefly British Dialect . to stand godparent to.
- Archaic. to repeat like a gossip.