- not in accordance with what is morally right or good: a wrong deed.
- deviating from truth or fact; erroneous: a wrong answer.
- not correct in action, judgment, opinion, method, etc., as a person; in error: You are wrong to blame him.
- not proper or usual; not in accordance with requirements or recommended practice: the wrong way to hold a golf club.
- out of order; awry; amiss: Something is wrong with the machine.
- not suitable or appropriate: He always says the wrong thing.
- (of clothing) that should be worn or kept inward or under: You're wearing the sweater wrong side out.
- that which is wrong, or not in accordance with morality, goodness, or truth; evil: I committed many wrongs.
- an injustice: The wrongs they suffered aged them.
- an invasion of another's right, to his damage.
- a tort.